Thank you for presenting at the 2017 ICEN Conference
Please check the Conference Program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- Please load your presentation files to the ONLINE PRESENTATION FOLDER* prior to your arrival. The onsite audio visual technicians will download the files from this folder and load them in the correct room for your presentation. This will ensure a smooth delivery of orals during the program and reduce overcrowding in the Speakers Preparation area prior to sessions beginning.
- Embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files
- Also bring your files to the conference on a USB / memory drive as a back up
- Ensure the title of your presentation on your file matches the title in the program
- Name your files with the first presenting author’s first and last name as it appears in the program: ICEN.Lastname.Firstname. If the same presenter has multiple presentations in the conference, end each name with ‘1’ then ‘2’ etc. in order of when they appear in the program.
- If using PREZI please let the audio visual technician know on arrival at the venue so they don’t expect files. They may want you to provide the link before hand.
- When you register at the venue you will be directed to the Speaker’s Preparation area on the Balcony. Please touch base with the AV technician to confirm they have loaded your presentation and there are no issues. They will also be available to answer any questions you may have about the session room and facilities
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system with a 16:9 ratio widescreen set up for PowerPoint. If you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program we suggest you bring your laptop as a back up.
- Abstracts will be available on the conference Website and conference Meeting App linked to the title. The Meeting App will be released in the final fortnight prior to the conference.
- Please go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the session chair (their name will be noted in the program) and to familiarise yourself with the room and audio visual setup.
*If your institution does not support DropBox for loading files you may send them directly to the conference managers. Please ensure they are correctly named.
During the Session
- Please be seated in the front row so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- There will be AV technicians roaming between the session rooms to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time and listen for the chair’s instructions.
- Concurrent oral presentations will be allocated 20 minutes (15 minutes presentation; 5 minutes question time); followed by a 5 minute room change
- Plenary Orals, please check the program. Your allocated session length includes time for questions.
- At the end of your allocated time the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately (if necessary). The chair will only allow questions if you have finished in time.
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after your allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time. Please practice your presentation so you can deliver it accurately in the time allowed.